IF YOU HAVE ALLERGIES
(a few tips that might help)
1. Keep your cat indoors! Both cats and dogs bring pollen in on their fur.
2. Have a HEPA filter installed on your furnace. If you keep the fan running all the time, even when heat or a/c is off, the filter continuously cleans the air.
3. Buy a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter, and stop dusting! Vacuum all surfaces with the dusting brush instead.
4. Restrict the cat to sleeping spots that are washable. If the cat doesn't have his/her own bed, put a terry towel or small throw on his/her favorite chair. It's best to keep the cat out of the bedroom of the allergic member of the family.
5. Buy a product like Allerpet (there are others as well) and use it faithfully. You sprinkle or spray it on the cat's back, then rub it in all over his/her coat, let it dry for a few seconds, then brush the cat. It reduces dander considerably.